I got my Permanent Residence Card!

Permanent Residence Card

11ヶ月もの苦しく長い待ち時間の後、ようやくイギリスのPermanent Residence Card(永住者カード)を受け取った。EEA (欧州経済領域/European Economic Area)出身者の家族として、イギリスに5年間連続で住むと、permanent residence (PR/永住権)を申請できる。永住者カードはパスポートに貼られ(個人情報保護のため、黒塗りで見苦しくなってすみません)、10年間有効(なぜ「永住」カードと呼ぶのか不明)。イギリスでは、Home Office(内務省)の管轄のUK Border Agencyは、EEA出身者の家族として、イギリスに永住する権利を持つ非EEA出身者に、申請から6ヶ月以内に永住者カードを発行しなければいけないと、Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006により定められている。でも、現実は義務にはほど遠い。イギリスのイミグレーションに関する掲示板には、長期間待たされている申請者の不満と怒りが溢れている。パスポートを提出しないといけないので、待っている間は、お互いの家族のところへも行けず、海外へのバケーションもお預け。あんまり悪口を言い過ぎてPRを取り返されたら怖いので、文句はこの辺にしておこう。

After waiting for almost 11 months, finally I received my UK Permanent Residence Card!!! As a family member of an EEA (European Economic Area) national and have lived in UK for a continuous period of five years, I could apply for permanent residence (PR). The permanent residence card is issued on my passport (sorry for the black masks on some personal information), and is valid for 10 years (why it is called ‘permanent’??). In the UK, the Secretary of State (Home Office/UK Border Agency) “must issue a person who is not an EEA national who has a permanent right of residence under regulation 15 with a permanent residence card no later than six months after the date on which an application for a permanent residence card and proof that the person has such a right is submitted to the Secretary of State”, under Regulation 18 (2) of the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006. Well, the reality is far from that. The UK immigration information boards are full of anger applicants waiting far more than 6 months. During the waiting, we couldn’t visit our families nor go to vacation in the sun, no city breaks abroad, as I had to submit my passport!!! Maybe I shouldn’t talk bad too much, because I don’t want my brand-new PR to be confiscated.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

9 responses to “I got my Permanent Residence Card!

  1. everydaylifestyle

    HI! I had 5-year EEA family visa previously and after 5 years of residency, you are entitled to apply Permanent Residence.
    For further information, check UK Resident Immigration Forum (http://www.ukresident.com/forums/) – there are all kinds of topics that may answer your question.

    Good luck!

  2. hi m gill married to EU national wants to know that before applying Permanent Residence Card do u had Residence Card for 5 year ? and after this again we have to apply some different type of visa or no thanx reply soon

  3. thanks for the reply and good luck.

  4. everydaylifestyle

    I checked Home Office website and no explanation of how to renew it, and I have no clue…
    But I assume that it should not be too complicated, because you have been permanent resident for 10 years and it just have to be renewed, like renewal of passport, I hope…
    I will explore what to do when expiration of my PR would approach.

  5. everydaylifestyle

    Hi! Sorry for my late reply, as I had been away from London for 20 days, and just got back.
    I am not quite sure what is the difference, but I assume that you need to get residence card first, and after 5 years of residence, you can get permanent residence. I checked Home Office website, but there is no application form to renew residence card, so I applied PR instead.

    I thought ‘permanent’ is literally permanent, but my PR has expiration. I guess that you just have to renew to prove that you haven’t lost qualification as permanent resident. Hope renewal would be easier…

  6. what doc’s u need to extend pr. all 10 years pay slips and all that or it is easy to extend it. thnx.

  7. so what is the diffrence between residence card and premenent residence card. if you need to apply for pr again after 10 years??

  8. everydaylifestyle

    Seems like, unfortunately, as my card indicate the expiration…

  9. what after 10 years you need to apply all over again??

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s